About the charity:
We are a charity that has been helping sick, injured, abandoned and unwanted pets since 1986. We have helped over 25,000 animals, provided veterinary care and found them new homes.
Our vision is to give animals a chance of a good life and never put a healthy animal to sleep. At the Cat and Rabbit Rescue Centre we take in cats, rabbits and guinea pigs, and give them a good quality life until it is possible to find a loving, permanent home. We want to help educate the public in responsible pet ownership and to eliminate irresponsible breeding by encouraging neutering of all pets. Lastly, we help and advice the public in humane control of feral cats.
- The Assistant Manager reports directly to the Shop Manager.
The main purpose of this role is to manage the charity’s shop in East Wittering.
- To ensure that when covering the duties of a manager that the shop continues to run as effectively as when they are present.
- To raise funds for the Charity by selling donated clothing and bric and brac to the general public.
- To comply with Cat and Rabbit Rescue Centre procedures and policies.
- To maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues, paid staff, volunteers and community contacts in order to achieve business objectives and create a positive and happy atmosphere.
- To provide a courteous and helpful service to the public.
- To promote the work of the Charity to the general public.
- To be responsible for the overall management of the shop in the Manager’s absence.
- Holding a key to the shop premises during the Manager’s absence.
- Opening and closing the shop and ensuring that the advertised trading hours are adhered to.
- Ensuring that the shop premises are clean and tidy and that Health and Safety regulations are observed.
- Encouraging and accepting donated goods for sale.
- Sorting and preparing goods for sale and overseeing a pricing policy for the shop.
- To be accountable for all monies in the shop, to be responsible for banking the takings, for completing weekly returns and for petty cash in the shop, and maintaining other records as required in the absence of the Manager.
- To keep under review shop equipment and stationery requirements.
- Effectively attract, recruit, train, develop and review volunteers in accordance with Cat and Rabbit Rescue Centre policies and procedures.
- To co-ordinate and manage the work of the shop volunteers and over-see the volunteers rota.
- To be prepared to ensure sufficient cover when volunteers are unable to work their usual shift.
- To ensure the best possible presentation and display of goods for sale.
- To attend staff meetings when required.
- To be prepared to work in another of the Cat and Rabbit Rescue Centre charity shops outlets if and when required.
- To assist in other duties as they arise.
- Computer literate and familiar with the use of the usual technology deployed in retail operations- cash tills, card readers, safes, etc.
- Able to network and build up strong relationships for the benefit of CRRC.
- A clean driving licence with own transport.
- Physically able to carry heavy boxes and bags of donated items. (For which training will be given)
- Good administrative skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Experience of dealing with the public.
- Experience of keeping records.
- Experience of organising or managing the work of other people.
- Experience of dealing with money.
This role requires onsite working at CRRC’s charity shop in Shore Road, East Wittering, with possible visits to the centre in Sidlesham and may also be called upon to support our other retail sites within a 15 miles radius.
If invited for interview you will be offered the opportunity to look around the CRRC centre and shops.