About the charity:
We are a charity that has been helping sick, injured, abandoned and unwanted pets since 1986. We have helped over 25,000 animals, provided veterinary care and found them new homes.
Our vision is to give animals a chance of a good life and never put a healthy animal to sleep. At the Cat and Rabbit Rescue Centre we take in cats, rabbits and guinea pigs, and give them a good quality life until it is possible to find a loving, permanent home. We want to help educate the public in responsible pet ownership and to eliminate irresponsible breeding by encouraging neutering of all pets. Lastly, we help and advice the public in humane control of feral cats.
- Reports to the general manager
- Develop and oversee the CRRC fundraising strategy
- Help to develop ideas, content and stories for digital platforms and outlets as well as traditional media.
- Planning donation campaigns and events.
- Develop working partnerships with businesses and organisations
- Develop and secure funding from new and known Trusts and Foundations.
- Investigate new funding streams ensuring all new and known funders are identified.
- Develop funding bids to meet operational requirements and forecasted expenditure.
- Oversee the charities volunteer database.
Essential skills & experience:
- Proven experience of digital communications and online fundraising across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Experience of developing campaigns and marketing / promotional activities.
- Experience of charity fundraising and working with donors and supporters at all levels.
- Experience of planning and managing digital fundraising campaigns through social media and other platforms
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Experience in website development.
- Able to work flexibly and under own initiative to ensure deadlines are met and tasks prioritised.
- Able to devise imaginative, innovative and effective campaigns and fundraising events/challenges.
- Previous experience of working with a small team in a charity setting
- Working in a similar role in animal welfare
If invited for interview you will be offered the opportunity to look around the CRRC.