About the charity:
We are a charity that has been helping sick, injured, abandoned and unwanted pets since 1986. We have helped over 25,000 animals, provided veterinary care and found them new homes.
Our vision is to give animals a chance of a good life and never put a healthy animal to sleep. At the Cat and Rabbit Rescue Centre we take in cats, rabbits and guinea pigs, and give them a good quality life until it is possible to find a loving, permanent home. We want to help educate the public in responsible pet ownership and to eliminate irresponsible breeding by encouraging neutering of all pets. Lastly, we help and advice the public in humane control of feral cats.
We are looking to recruit an experienced, IT literate, passionate and well organised fundraiser to work alongside our Fundraising and Media Officer and who wants to make a difference for the lives of animals and their owners.
The main purpose of this role is to take the Cat and Rabbit Rescue out into the community to raise awareness of the work that we do whether through talks and presentations or fundraising events. The successful candidate will need an outgoing personality and the confidence to communicate with groups of people and individuals through various media and presentations.
- Help develop and assist with the CRRC fundraising strategy.
- Work closely with the General Manager to further develop our connections and opportunities with influencers and donors across grant making trusts & foundations, corporations & organisations as well as individual supporters.
- In collaboration with the Media Officer, create the events and community fundraising annual plan, incorporating digital and virtual fundraising alongside traditional methods of fundraising.
- Find, organise and represent CRRC at public speaking and networking community events in the local community virtually and in person.
- Be actively involved in finding new and developing existing fundraising activities.
- Be actively involved in finding & developing working partnerships with businesses and organisations.
- Planning/organising and attending fundraising activities.
- Working with the Media Officer in the management of all individual third party events, community based activities
- Work closely with the Media Officer to create inspiring and engaging communications that underpin the fundraising strategy and maximise marketing opportunities for income generation, including digital platforms & outlets in addition to traditional media.
- Develop a range of materials including proposals, pitches, presentations and applications for prospective and existing community partners (for example – WI, Rotary Clubs etc)
- Develop a fundraising pack for fundraising events
- Keep up to date with new developments, legalities, codes of conduct, best practice and trends within community and events fundraising, using this to inform ongoing programme development and operational planning.
- Oversee the fundraising volunteer database.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of charity fundraising and working with donors and supporters at all levels.
- Experience of developing campaigns and marketing / promotional activities.
- Experience of digital communications and online fundraising across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram etc.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends as and when required for fund raising events (as part of your standard hours)
- Must have own transport
- Able to devise imaginative, innovative, and effective campaigns and fundraising events/ challenges.
- Able to work flexibly and under own initiative to ensure deadlines are met and tasks prioritised.
- Previous experience of working with a small team in a charity setting
- Working in a similar role in animal welfare
If invited for interview you will be offered the opportunity to look around the Centre.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent role, flexible workdays Monday to Sunday to fit in with events.
Average 37.5 hours per week. Shorter working hours may be considered. Salary is up to £10.65 / hour dependent on experience.
Must have own transport.