Job Title: Voluntary Animal Carer
Hours of Work: Saturday – 9.00am to 12 noon
Are you looking to volunteer in animal welfare working within a busy environment, then this could be the ideal position for you. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a variety of animals at our shelter which holds up to 250 animals at any time.
This can be a hard but very rewarding role. You would be working both indoors and outdoors in all weathers cleaning and caring for our animals.
You will be able to work alone using your initiative as well as working as part of team. Have good communication skills.
Experience of domestic animal care working in the animal care/welfare industry is desirable, but not essential as full training will be given.
- To clean, disinfect and maintain to a high standard of cleanliness to the animal pens with a physical capability to carry this out in accordance with CRRC cleaning guidelines
- To ensure on-going assessment, in conjunction with other staff, of animals in respect of their health, welfare and general condition. To draw attention to an animal not considered to be fully healthy or considered to require veterinary attention. To attend to the needs of individual animals, including feeding and grooming
- Animal handling.
- To clean, disinfect and maintain to a high standard of cleanliness to ancillary areas in accordance with CRRC rota and cleaning guidelines
- Ensure rubbish and recycling is disposed of in the appropriate facility
- Rabbit areas to be kept tidy and paddocks regularly cleared of manure
- All communal areas to be swept and kept tidy
Health & Safety
- To be aware of all health and safety measures and fire prevention practices as laid down in the health and safety and fire manuals and policies and procedures and ensure that these are adhered to. Reporting any accidents or incidents in accordance with procedures and observe these in all aspects of your own work
- Ensure individual animal pens and buildings are secure, checking before work commences and when work finishes.
- Report any faulty equipment to Management.
To model a positive & professional attitude.
Car Driver is preferable but not essential for this post